Sobriety for those who struggle the most is merely a moment between relapses – hopefully a moment longer than the last, one that eventually lasts forever.
Right??
"The most famous addict in sports" relapsed. And the author of this article actually pretty much "gets it" about addiction, I can't believe it. I'm getting there, getting it slowly, by making teeny tiny baby steps when I manage to muster the strength to do so. It's hard to live with.
Everything is so, so relative. Fragile and relative.
I don't have an addiction to alcohol or drugs, but I really think I have a food addiction - - which may sound kind of trivial to people dealing with more severe addictions. Mine is not life threatening, but it is life disrupting, if that makes sense. But you're right - - everything is so relative. and fragile.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the link to the Josh H story. I agree there is a lot of good stuff in that article. There is stuff spinning around in my brain after reading this, but I'm not finding words at the moment...
ReplyDeleteMay God bless you! It’s a hard time for Ukraine and those who live in this country. Visit our site hopenowusa.org to learn more!
ReplyDelete